Use Morelocale 2 to change the language of the Play Store apps on any device (without root)
We show you in this little guide how to change the Android language for the Google Apps on every Android smartphone or tablet. Normally this is only possible with root rights, but you can give the Morelocale 2 app the rights with an ADB command without having root.
This guide is general and can be used on any Android device. The settings menus to get to "USB debugging" or "Unknown resources" may vary. In this guide, we will perform the installation as an example on a Xiaomi smartphone.
FILE INFO: Please download and unzip the complete zip once.
DRIVERS INFO: If you have problems detecting the Android device, we recommend installing the „General Android ADB Drivers„. Usually these are already on your PC or are installed automatically by Windows.
2. USB DEBUGGING ACTIVATION
- You open the settings app and go all the way down to the bottom „About Phone“.
- Now you click 5-6 times on the firmware version of your device. This will activate the Developer Mode.
- You can usually find it by going back, clicking on "Additional Settings" and scrolling down to the bottom.
- There you click on "Developer options" and activate „USB Debugging“.
- Special feature: For Xiaomi devices, you also have to activate "Install via USB" and, if necessary, "USB debugging security" to install the app later. For this you have to log in to your Mi account. The alternative would be to activate the Morelocale2 App to download from the Play Store.
- Now go back and click on "Privacy/Security" and activate the option "Unknown resources". This allows you to install apps that are not from the Play Store. If you can't find the option, Android will usually take you there automatically when you try to install the app.
3. MORELOCALE 2 INSTALLATION
You can install Morelocale 2 via USB debugging or simply download it from the Play Store. You can find the app in the Play Store under the following link Morelocale2 App.
- You connect your device to the PC and should already see the message "Allow USB debugging", accept this and check the box "Always allow from this computer". Usually this question comes up during the installation.
- Now start the file "01_install_morelocale.bat" and follow the instructions on the screen.
- When everything is ready Morelocale 2 should be installed on your device.
- If you did not give the rights during the installation, you can disconnect the USB cable, reconnect it and run the .bat again.
4. CHANGE LANGUAGE
If you have downloaded the app from the Play Store and connect the device via USB for the first time, the message "Allow USB debugging" will appear. Accept it and check the box "Always allow from this computer".
- Connect your device to the PC and start now the "02_grant_permission.bat.
- Follow the instructions and after that Morelocale 2 should have the required rights.
- Now open Morelocale 2 and choose your preferred language.
- All apps you now download from the Play Store will run in the desired language.
The system and all system maps, such as setting gene, gallery, camera and phone remain in English. The apps you download from the Google Play Store, such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram & Co, will all be available in English. Since these are used by 95% of the users in everyday life, the English system language is no longer so bad.